GANHRI’s Global Action Plan to support the protection and promotion of human rights defenders and civic space is now available in English.
At global meeting, GANHRI members elect new leadership and share experiences on promoting and protecting human rights in the digital space
More than 150 participants from across the globe took part in the 2022 GANHRI Annual Meeting, held in March.
GANHRI members elected as their new Chairperson Maryam Abdullah Al Attiya of Qatar and as their new Secretary Amina Bouayach of Morocco. The General Assembly also ratified and renewed Bureau members from the European region.
The Knowledge Exchange discussed role and experiences of NHRIs, both being users of the digital space to implement their human rights mandate, and as defenders of human rights, monitoring and protecting rights and freedoms online.
The knowledge exchange provided an inclusive platform for NHRIs from all regions to share insights and experiences on both the opportunities and challenges presented to their mandate in the era of digitalisation.
From our partners
- UN Victims’ Rights Advocate Jane Connors highlighted the partnership with GANHRI and NHRIs in her 2021 Annual report – Read here
- We encourage all NHRIs to share their inputs for UN Secretary-General’s report on NHRI resolution, adopted in October 2020 – Read here
- 2022 International Migration Review Forum to be held on 17-20 May 2022 and broadcast live on UN Web TV (interpretation available) – Read here
- GANHRI members will participate in the 12th session of the OEWGA from 11-14 April. GANHRI will present a statement during the opening session – Read here
- GANHRI’s Global Action Plan to support the protection and promotion of human rights defenders and civic space – Read more
- Handbook for National Human Rights Institutions on Internally Displaced Persons released by GANHRI, UNHCR, SR on the human rights of IDPs and UNDP – Read more
- NHRI COP26 Symposium – Report and Summary of exchanges – Read more
- Ensuring protection – European Union guidelines on human rights defenders – Read more