Statement by the Commission of Human Rights of the Philippines at OEWGA
Working Group on Ageing
GANHRI established the GANHRI Working Group on Ageing in 2012
The purpose of the Working Group is to:
- Support NHRI contribution to the UN Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing (OEWGA)
- Discuss measures for international cooperation for the protection and promotion of human rights of older persons and
- Foster GANHRI’s advocacy efforts for the extension of formal participation rights for NHRIs in the work of the OEWGA and international processes leading up to the consideration of a binding instrument on the rights of older persons.
The Working Group is composed of 8 GANHRI members; namely two members from each of the four GANHRI regional networks, and a representative of the GANHRI Chairperson designated by him or her, supported by the GANHRI HO.
- Peru- Defensoria del Pueblo
- El Salvador- Procuraduria para la Defensa de los Derechos Humanos
- Korea- National Human Rights Commission (Chair)
- Philippines- Commission on Human Rights
- Georgia- Public Defender’s Office
- Poland- Commissioner for Human Rights
- Kenya- National Commission on Human Rights
- Nigeria- National Human Rights Commission