Statement by the Commission of Human Rights of the Philippines at OEWGA
Working Group on Ageing
GANHRI established the GANHRI Working Group on Ageing in 2012
- Support NHRI contribution to the UN Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing (OEWGA)
- Discuss measures for international cooperation for the protection and promotion of human rights of older persons and
- Foster GANHRI’s advocacy efforts for the extension of formal participation rights for NHRIs in the work of the OEWGA and international processes leading up to the consideration of a binding instrument on the rights of older persons.
The Working Group is composed of 8 GANHRI members; namely two members from each of the four GANHRI regional networks, and a representative of the GANHRI Chairperson designated by him or her, supported by the GANHRI HO.
- Peru – Defensoria del Pueblo
- El Salvador – Procuraduria para la Defensa de los Derechos Humanos
- Korea – National Human Rights Commission (Chair)
- Philippines – Commission on Human Rights
- Georgia – Public Defender’s Office
- Poland – Commissioner for Human Rights
- Kenya – National Commission on Human Rights
- Nigeria – National Human Rights Commission
- Egypt – National Council for Human Rights