Mission and Identity
A world where everyone everywhere fully enjoys their human rights
GANHRI unites, promotes and strengthens NHRIs to operate in line with the Paris Principles and provides leadership in the promotion and protection of human rights.
Principles and Values
GANHRI as a member-based global alliance, works in accordance with the Principles as laid down in its Statute.
Representing more than 110 NHRIs, their members and staff across all regions, GANHRI is one of the largest human rights networks worldwide. With a Head Office in Geneva and a governance structure representing NHRIs around the world, GANHRI is truly global.
Enriched by its diversity, its membership is united by a common vision: a world where everyone everywhere fully enjoys their human rights. GANHRI works in close synergy with the four regional networks of NHRIs in Africa, the Americas, the Asia Pacific and Europe, creating one comprehensive structure of independent networks.
GANHRI is recognised, and is a trusted partner, of the United Nations. It has established strong relationships with the UN Human Rights Office, UNDP and other UN agencies, as well as with other international and regional organisations, NGOs, civil society and academia.
Theory of Change
GANHRI, with and through its members, positively impacts on human rights globally:
– when NHRIs are established and accredited as independent Paris Principle compliant institutions in all countries of the world;
– when NHRIs are supported, strengthened and protected to independently and effectively fulfil their mandate of promotion and protection of human rights;
– when NHRIs collaborate and share experience and knowledge regionally and globally;
– when NHRIs can speak with unified voices and influence the global policy agenda;
– when NHRIs contribute towards a world where everyone everywhere fully enjoys their human rights.