2022 Training Course for National Human Rights Institutions on International Human Rights Mechanisms
3 to 20 May 2022 I Online
The Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) in cooperation with its partners the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the United Nations Training and Research Institute (UNITAR) is pleased to invite National Human Rights Institutions (NHRI) staff worldwide to apply for the 2022 training course on the international human rights mechanisms.
The training course aims at strengthening NHRIs’ capacity to effectively engage with the United Nations human rights mechanisms. It is directed to staff from A or B status accredited NHRIs from all regions.
The training will support participants in:
- Expanding their knowledge of the functioning of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying concrete opportunities for NHRIs’ effective engagement;
- Participating in sessions of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying practical ways of effective engagement with the UN mechanisms, such as report writing and following up;
- Engaging with colleagues from the OHCHR and NGOs as well as with states; and
- Exchanging experiences and best practices with peer NHRIs participating in the training.
The course will take place Online and in English, from 3 to 20 May 2022, with an average of two (2) hours per day, alternating between online and offline activities. Only selected candidates that have completed the training will receive a certificate of participation.
You can learn more about the Training course here.