2022 Training Course for National Human Rights Institutions on International Human Rights Mechanisms
3 to 20 May 2022 I Online
The Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) in cooperation with its partners the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the United Nations Training and Research Institute (UNITAR) is pleased to invite National Human Rights Institutions (NHRI) staff worldwide to apply for the 2022 training course on the international human rights mechanisms.
The training course aims at strengthening NHRIs’ capacity to effectively engage with the United Nations human rights mechanisms. It is directed to staff from A or B status accredited NHRIs from all regions.
The training will support participants in:
- Expanding their knowledge of the functioning of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying concrete opportunities for NHRIs’ effective engagement;
- Participating in sessions of UN human rights mechanisms;
- Identifying practical ways of effective engagement with the UN mechanisms, such as report writing and following up;
- Engaging with colleagues from the OHCHR and NGOs as well as with states; and
- Exchanging experiences and best practices with peer NHRIs participating in the training.
The course will take place Online and in English, from 3 to 20 May 2022, with an average of two (2) hours per day, alternating between online and offline activities. Only selected candidates that have completed the training will receive a certificate of participation.
Concept note for the training, application form and protocol of engagement can be found below.
Deadline for the application is the 16 January 2022. Candidates should submit all the following documents:
- Application form in English
- Protocol of engagement completed and signed
- C.V. (maximum 2 pages) in English
- Letter of recommendation from the sending NHRI
Candidates are invited to send their applications to the address email@example.com. The application documents have already been sent to all NHRIs by email. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documents should be attached in WORD or PDF format. Due to the high number of applications received, incomplete applications will not be considered. Selected candidates will be contacted by mid-February 2022.
You can learn more about the Training course here.
2022-Course description- for distribution
2022-Protocol of Engagement- for distribution_mp_sl
2022-Cover letter to NHRIs- ENG- for distribution
2022-Cover letter to NHRIs- AR – for distribution
2022-Cover letter to NHRIs- SP- for distribution
2022-Cover letter to NHRIs-FR – for distribution
2022-Application form- for distribution