NHRIs have met with newly appointed Special Rapporteur on climate change to discuss areas of cooperation and introduced the work of the NHRI Caucus.
Launch of Practical Guidance for National Human Rights Institutions on Climate change
NHRIs play an important bridging role between the international and national levels. This makes them essential participants in an all-of-society effort to address the human rights consequences of climate change and climate action.
To support its members in this important effort, GANHRI is pleased to launch today, the Practical Guidance for NHRIs on Addressing Human Rights and Climate Change.
The Practical Guidance provides information about the work of international human rights mechanisms and how GANHRI members can engage with these mechanisms on climate change.
The publication developed by GANHRI with the support of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), is now available in English – and shortly in French and Spanish.
A summary of the guidance will also be available for all members on GANHRI’s website collecting the outcomes of the guidance and providing an overview of possible NHRI engagement at the international level in the protection and promotion of human rights in the context of climate change.
From our partners
- Multi-stakeholder meeting on the human rights of older persons to be held on 29-30 August – Read here
- Call for inputs: Human Rights Council resolution 49/12 on the rights of persons with disabilities by 01 September – Read here
- Call for applications for the Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance – Read here
- Call for inputs on the draft statement on “Non-State actors and enforced disappearances in the context of the Convention of the Protection of all Persons against Enforced Disappearances” – Read here
- Practical Guidance for NHRIs on Addressing Human Rights and Climate Change – Read more
- GANHRI’s Global Action Plan to support the protection and promotion of human rights defenders and civic space – Read more
- Human Rights and Voluntary National Reviews – Operational Common Approach Guidance Note (OHCHR and UNDP) – Read more