Simultaneous Interpretation Service Providers EN/SP– NHRI.EU PHASE 3
Deadline for submission of application 12 February 2023 by 17:00 CET
SUBJECT OF THE TENDER
Title: Joint procurement of verbal online simultaneous interpretation services in Spanish to English and English to Spanish for the project: ‘Capacity Building of National Human Rights Institutions – Phase 3 (NHRI.EU.3)’ by GANHRI and RINDHCA.
|Publication of tender||06.02.2023||By 17:00 Central European Time|
|Deadline for submission of bids||12.02.2023||By 17:00 Central European Time|
CONTENT OF BIDS
The offers, all correspondence and documents related to the tender exchanged by the bidder and the Contracting Authority must be written in English. Supporting documents and printed literature furnished by the bidder may be in another language, provided they are accompanied by a translation into the language of the procedure i.e., English. For the purposes of interpretation of the tender, the language of the procedure will prevail.
BACKGROUND OF THE ORGANIZATION
The Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) is the global network of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs), which are independent state bodies with a constitutional and/or legislative mandate to protect and promote human rights. To date, more than 100 NHRIs exist worldwide, 78 of them being in full compliance with the United Nations Paris Principles.
The Network of National Institutions for the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights of the American Continent (RINDHCA) is a regional organization and a member of the GANHRI. RINDHCA brings together American Ombudsman Offices, established according to the Paris Principles, with the aim of cooperating directly with the GANHRI and with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
GANHRI along with the RINDHCA is implementing the EU funded project ‘Capacity Building of National Human Rights Institutions – Phase 3 project (NHRI.EU.3).’ The project’s primary objective is to: Enhance the role of national human rights institutions (NHRIs) and their global and regional networks in promoting and protecting the human rights of all individuals, with further objectives being to:
- Strengthen NHRI’s effectiveness to protect and promote human rights defenders and civic space; support and protect NHRIs when under threat in line with the 2018 Marrakech Declaration and follow-up frameworks.
- Strengthen the accreditation process and support the work of the Sub-Committee on Accreditation (SCA). Support the establishment, strengthening and accreditation of NHRIs to be in compliance with the Paris Principles.
- Enhance NHRIs’ effectiveness in identified thematic areas to advance sustainable development through human rights.
- Continue strengthening GANHRI and the four regional networks, including their secretariats, to be able to better serve and support their member NHRIs.
The project is being implemented between 2022 and 2025.
SCOPE OF ENGAGEMENT
To support the NHRI.EU.3 Phase 3 project, verbal online simultaneous interpretation services for English to Spanish and Spanish to English is required. The procurement is being sought jointly by GANHRI and RINDHCA. The interpretation service provider is envisaged to provide support at numerous stages of the project life-cycle. To minimise the tendering process for every interpretation assignment, the contract will be entered with the service provider(s) up till 31 March 2025.
The Service Provider will undertake the following key deliverables:
- Provide seamless verbal interpretation in English to Spanish and Spanish to English.
- Provide interpretation service during bi-lateral and multi-lateral meetings, conferences, side events, pre-sessions of an event, roundtable discussions, and any other event as required by GANHRI and RINDHCA.
- Provide interpretation service on different online video conferencing platforms as specified by GANHRI and RINDHCA.
- Carry out interpretation services in multiple languages specified above in a given event.
- Ensure technical accuracy including confirmation of technical terms during interpretation.
- Undertake thorough linguistic assessment and use the most appropriate range of vocabulary and the commonly accepted or established terms of style.
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in interpretation services.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of various online video conferencing platforms including Zoom, Google Meet, MS Office Teams, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in providing simultaneous interpretation services to intergovernmental organizations, UN agencies, development organizations or research institutions in the international development sector.
- Specialized translators for technical language on topics handled by GANHRI and RINDHCA.
- Proven ability and capacity to deliver interpretation services on an urgent basis including the flexibility to assign additional interpreters for a given event.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
The Technical Offer must include the following documents:
- Letter of interest
- Company/institution profile including a brief description (up to 2 pages) of the company
- Bidders should submit a reference list (at least three implemented projects similar to the subject of the tender);
- Copy of Company’s/Institution’s Registration Certificate.
- Service Tender Submission Form (Annex II).
The Financial Offer must include the following elements:
- A daily rate in EUR applicable per hour to all the range of services provided
- VAT amount, if applicable, should be presented separately
EVALUATION OF TECHNICAL OFFERS
The tender will be awarded to the most qualified bidder by weighing technical quality against price on an 70/30 basis.
The applications are evaluated following these criteria:
|EVALUATION GRID||Maximum Score|
|A. Technical Offer (A.1+A.2+A.3)||100|
|A.1. Work experience, references list:
Relevant work experience in the human rights, humanitarian, and international development sector; evidence of other contracts of the nature comparable to this tender; experience with clients comparable to the Contracting Authority working in similar domain; references and samples
|A.2. Quality and professional capacity:
CVs satisfy the criteria set forth in the ToR; education and experience demonstrate professional capacity and experience required; sample of previous work submitted; proven ability to delivery services or products
|A.3. Quality of the technical offer:
Relevance and applicability of the methodologically sound concept/plan/technical offer demonstrating knowhow, achievable within the defined timeframe; delivery time
|B. Financial Proposal/ lowest price has maximum score||100|
PERIOD DURING WHICH BIDS ARE BINDING
Bidders are bound by their bids for 30 days after the expiry of the deadline for the submission of bids. In exceptional cases, before the period of validity expires, the Contracting Authority may ask bidders to extend the period for a specific number of days, which may not exceed 20 days.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Offers need to be submitted through this document via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org NHRI.EU.3 Financial management coordination / EU financial rules by 12 February 2023, 17:00 CET indicating the tender reference number the bidder is applying for (Ref: P1187) Considering the size of technical offers subject to this tender and the email limit, the offers should be submitted via We Transfer or similar tool.