Ten NHRIs will be reviewed at the upcoming session of GANHRI’s Sub-Committee on Accreditation, to be held from 14-24 June 2021.
Climate crisis: NHRIs as agents of change
At the 2020 GANHRI Annual Conference, NHRIs pledged to take action – individually and collectively – to address the human rights challenges of climate change. GANHRI will continue to support NHRIs in this vital work, by providing a platform for exchange and to develop strategies, to strengthen NHRI capacities and to build partnerships with members, UN partners and others.
We also continue to promote the vital contribution of NHRIs to human rights-based climate action. In a statement, GANHRI Chairperson Freddy Carrión Intriago told the 46th Session of the Human Rights Council, such action “must protect the rights of those most affected by climate change and build on the principles of non-discrimination and meaningful public participation.”
From our partners
- APF Regional Action Plan on Human Rights Defenders – Read here
- Report of the RINDHCA and FIO Congress on: Attacks against NHRIs and State of emergency – Read here
- The 47th session of the Human Rights Council will be held from 21 June 2021 to 09 July 2021 – Read here
- The 38th UPR Session will be held from 3 May to 14 May – Read here
- GANHRI’s engagement at the 46th Session of the Human Rights Council – Read more
- GANHRI contributed to the Guide on UNHCR’s engagement with National Human Rights Institutions – Read more
- UNFPA Primer: Conducting Public Inquiries to Eliminate Female Genital Mutilation – Read more
- UPR Tips for engagement at country level – Read more
- Child Rights Connect: Implementation guide for the rights of child human rights defenders – Read more