Sustainable Recovery Lab: building on human rights and the 2030 Agenda in COVID-19 recovery
14 January 2021, 12:30 –2:30 PM (CET) – Online event on Teams
GANHRI is co-sponsoring this online event in collaboration with the Danish Institute for Human Rights.
The webinar will take place via Teams. Register here rb.gy/82p6lc
You can download the agenda and concept note in English and Spanish below
Background and Objectives
The Sustainable Recovery Lab will take the form of an interactive discussion with leading experts within the fields of human rights and sustainable development. The lab will create a platform for developing ideas on how to operationalise the concept of Sustainable Recovery and explore the concept from different country and stakeholder perspectives.
The lab is organised in conjunction with the intersessional meeting of the Human Rights Council on 14th January 2021, focusing on Human Rights and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Sustainable Recovery Lab will explore the following questions:
- What are the key priorities and components of Sustainable Recovery, from the perspective of specific countries and groups of rights-holders?
- How can human rights monitoring mechanisms and National Human Rights Institutions guide and monitor the operationalisation of Sustainable Recovery?
- What is required to operationalise the Sustainable Recovery concept?
The key conclusions and recommendations of the Sustainable Recovery Lab will be widely shared and be brought forward to the Human Rights Council’s inter-sessional meeting on Human Rights and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, to the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, and other relevant fora.
- Permanent Mission of Denmark to the UN in Geneva
- Misión Permanente de Chile ante la ONU
- The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Global Alliance for Reporting on Progress on SDG 16 Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies
- Indigenous Peoples’ Major Group for Sustainable Development (IPMG)
- Center for Economic and Social Rights (CESR)
- Equal Rights Trust
- Universal Rights Group (URG)
- World Benchmarking Alliance
Spanish and English interpretation will be made available via. the app ‘INTERPREFY’ which you must use on your smartphone.
Step by step guide:
- download the app called ‘INTERPREFY’ on your smartphone https://www.interprefy.com/download-interprefy-app
- During the check-in time 12:15-12:30 PM CET open the meeting in Teams on your computer and mute the speaker and the microphone on your computer
- Open the app on your smartphone and you enter the token.
- Choose your language English or Spanish. Your smartphone is the audio connection, your laptop the video connection. Best is to use a headset.