GANHRI Extraordinary General Assembly
16-17 December 2021 I Online Voting
The GANHRI Extraordinary General Assembly (EGA), will consist in a voting to be held virtually on 16 and 17 December 2021.
Agenda of the EGA
- Election of the appointed Chaiperson, Defensor del Pueblo of Colombia, Dr Carlos Camargo Assis, as GANHRI Chairperson for the remaining of the term assigned to the Americas and until March 2022.
- Election of the new GANHRI Secretary, Chairperson of the Qatar NHRC, Ms Maryam Abdullah Al Attiyah, as GANHRI Secretary for the remaining of the term assigned to the Asia Pacific and until March 2022.
- Ratification of the new Bureau members appointed by the African regional network: Regional Chairperson, Elasto Hilarious Mugwadi (Human Rights Commission of Zimbabwe); Amina Bouayach (National Human Rights Council of Morocco); Joseph A. Whittal (Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice of Ghana); Mwamba Mushikonke Mwamus (Commission Nationale de Droit de l’Homme de la République Démocratique du Congo)
Format and logistics
The EGA will consist in an online voting only. The voting will take place on the online platform ElectionRunner and will be structured in the following way:
- Thursday, 16 December: link to the voting platform received by voting members  (Election runner)
- 16-17 December: voting members can cast their vote
- Friday 17 December at 00:00 (CET) voting is closed
Voting members will be able to vote from any device (personal computer, smartphone, tablet). On the opening of the voting day you will receive an email with the login instructions for your voting session.
To ensure a smooth election process, we kindly ask you to indicate the email address we shall use to notify the unique link for the elections to: Joana Sabra email@example.com.
For more details and instructions on how to login to the voting platform, please read the attached logistic note.
 According to art. 1 of the GANHRI Statute, voting members are NHRIs with ‘A’ status accreditation. Please refer to GANHRI Statute.
Carlos Camargo Assis
Defensor del Pueblo of Colombia
Maryam Abdullah Al Attiyah
Chairperson National Human Rights Committee of Qatar
Appointed Bureau Members
Mwamba Mushikonke Mwamus
Download Invitation Letter and Logistic Note
EN_Letter of invitation_GANHRI EGA_Dec.2021
FR_Letter of invitation_GANHRI EGA_Dec.2021
SP_Letter of invitation_GANHRI EGA_Dec.2021
AR_Letter of invitation_GANHRI EGA_Dec.2021
EN_Logistic note_EGA 2021_final